Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Run. Rest. Eat. Repeat.

Welcome to week 7 of training.

The first few weeks are a cakewalk. Now training's stepping it up a notch on us.

Six miles was the long run the first week. In week seven, six miles is the mid-week run.

It's about this point in the training where I notice training's starting to take over my life. Having a few drinks on a Friday night's no big deal when you're doing 5 or 6 miles in the morning...12 miles is another story.

I start to pay closer attention to getting a a good night's sleep on Friday night. Even during the week for that matter - I've been getting up at 5:30am on Wednesdays to get the mid-week longer run over with in the morning!

If you're running and sleeping more, you mind as well eat more too, right? Now we get into the enjoyable part of training. Eating.

At this point, with a few exceptions, I'm eating all the 'healthy' food I want. I'm not worrying about carbs or calories. If I have a taste for it, I have it. Granted, I'm not stopping for ice cream or going through a drive thru all too often...yet.

There will come a point in training (about a month from now) where I'll really go all out and have things I'd normally never eat - like a Big Mac.

No comments: